The Coalesce Dance Company presents - ‘The Old Green Time Machine’ - 11:30am performance
The Old Green Time Machine follows the journey of two intrepid and quirky time travellers who are in a race to save the world. In a future where all living things have been destroyed and all that is left is plastic, our two adventurers find themselves on an urgent mission. It’s a shame their carbon friendly time machine bicycle has seen better days! This very engaging tale is told through dance and mime.
Why not combine this event with an ice cream trip and a visit to the fabulous Art Exhibition across the road in the Old Barn.
Coalesce Dance Theatre was established in 2018 by Fern Wareham and Rachel Maffei, two Manchester based female artists. They have established an ethos that places people right at the heart of their practice and developed a captivating movement style, combining strength and fluidity, with raw and impulsive energy. Coalesce approach topical subjects with a thoughtful, yet direct focus, aiming to engage and uplift audiences through their work.
Date: 8 October 2022
Start time: 11:30 BST
End time: 12:30 BST
Venue: Bidlea Dairy and Ice Cream Parlour, CW4 8DS
Some important advice regarding this year’s Goosfest events
Thank you for buying this ticket for a Goosfest event. Your comfort and safety are of paramount importance to us, so we have put procedures in place to mitigate any risks occurring from COVID-19.
Please read this to remind yourselves of the advice we are providing.
Please do not attend an event if you are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19;
- have a confirmed positive test; are currently quarantining or have been asked to isolate by NHS Track and Trace. If you are in any doubt about your health on the day of the event, we would strongly recommend that you undertake a lateral flow test at home, which is easily performed and takes 30 minutes.
- Hand sanitisers will be available at all indoor events. Please feel free to make use of these at entry or any other time. We will also have disposable face coverings should you want one.
- All venues will be cleaned before entry and surfaces wiped down. This will also apply to the toilets, where there will be a limit on numbers at any one time.
- Where a bar is provided, we will only be able to process card transactions and we will not handle cash. Depending on the venue and the situation at the time of the performance, we may restrict bar orders to table service to avoid the need for queueing.
- Seating will be socially distanced where possible and / or individuals in regular ‘bubbles’ will be asked to sit together.
- We will be opening windows and keeping doors open where this will not disrupt the event.
- Face coverings are not mandatory but are encouraged, particularly if you are concerned about proximity to others not wearing one. The Yellow Broom has a face covering policy in place. We are aware this can be a divisive issue but ask guests to be kind and respect the wishes of others nearby.
All of us have begun to adapt our lives to how we evaluate risk and feel comfortable in situations where people meet. With this in mind, we ask people to be vigilant during the current situation we find ourselves in.
Like other event promoters, we are following UK Government advice and guidelines. Should these change, we will update the Goosfest website with any changes we are required to make.
The Goosfest Committee