Goostrey goes ‘Mamma Mia’ to Greece
How about conjuring up the atmosphere of an idyllic Greek island, in Goostrey Village Hall on an October evening?
We’ve got all the fun and memorable melodies of that infamous Swedish pop group, ABBA – thanks to one of the UK’s leading ABBA tribute bands, ‘Waterloo Live’.
To get you feeling Greek, we’ve a delicious Grecian supper beforehand, provided by professional caterers. The moussaka and salad combo includes a veggie option, so please make sure you state your preference when booking tickets.
So be a super trooper or a dancing queen, don your spangles and sandals, and join us for a lively night. It’s a sit-down concert, but if you get the urge to leap to your feet and dance, then we can all enjoy your performance too!
Waterloo Live are made up of highly trained musicians and performers with many years of experience within the music industry. They have been performing ABBA’s incredible catalogue of music for over 10 years and have all worked extensively within theatre, radio & television. Their diverse background and collective experience in the incredible industry of music and show business gives them a certain edge above many others.
Band leader and founder member Sheena has been performing as Agnetha for over 12 years. She gained high critical acclaim playing the role in the smash hit UK Number One theatre tour “ABBA The Story”. Born into a family of professional entertainers, Sheena has been working professionally in both theatre and TV since she was just 7 years old. Sheena has worked as a singer and dancer extensively in UK theatres and in the West End.
Date: 14 October 2022
Start time: 19:30 BST
End time: 22:00 BST
Venue: Goostrey Village Hall – Main Road, Goostrey, Cheshire, CW4 8PE
Some important advice regarding this year’s Goosfest events
Thank you for buying this ticket for a Goosfest event. Your comfort and safety are of paramount importance to us, so we have put procedures in place to mitigate any risks occurring from COVID-19.
Please read this to remind yourselves of the advice we are providing.
Please do not attend an event if you are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19;
- have a confirmed positive test; are currently quarantining or have been asked to isolate by NHS Track and Trace. If you are in any doubt about your health on the day of the event, we would strongly recommend that you undertake a lateral flow test at home, which is easily performed and takes 30 minutes.
- Hand sanitisers will be available at all indoor events. Please feel free to make use of these at entry or any other time. We will also have disposable face coverings should you want one.
- All venues will be cleaned before entry and surfaces wiped down. This will also apply to the toilets, where there will be a limit on numbers at any one time.
- Where a bar is provided, we will only be able to process card transactions and we will not handle cash. Depending on the venue and the situation at the time of the performance, we may restrict bar orders to table service to avoid the need for queueing.
- Seating will be socially distanced where possible and / or individuals in regular ‘bubbles’ will be asked to sit together.
- We will be opening windows and keeping doors open where this will not disrupt the event.
- Face coverings are not mandatory but are encouraged, particularly if you are concerned about proximity to others not wearing one. The Yellow Broom has a face covering policy in place. We are aware this can be a divisive issue but ask guests to be kind and respect the wishes of others nearby.
All of us have begun to adapt our lives to how we evaluate risk and feel comfortable in situations where people meet. With this in mind, we ask people to be vigilant during the current situation we find ourselves in.
Like other event promoters, we are following UK Government advice and guidelines. Should these change, we will update the Goosfest website with any changes we are required to make.
The Goosfest Committee